Connect with us

Prince died from “accidental overdose”

Film & Music

Prince died from “accidental overdose”

American singer Prince died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl, a synthetic opiate and powerful tranquillizer, a report from the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in Minnesota, USA, claims.

The autopsy report, dated 2 June, 2016, and issued by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office, states that, on the 21 April, 2016, Prince Rogers Nelson died from an accidental overdose of “self-administered fentanyl,” listing his height at 63, weight at 112 pounds, and stating that the singer was wearing “[a] black cap, black shirt, grey undershirt, black pants, black boxer briefs, and black socks.”

Prince’s alleged former drug dealer told media that he believed opioid-based medications were behind the singer’s death, claiming that the singer spent up to $40,000 every six months on two drugs – hydromorphone in pill form and fentanyl in patch form.

“In the beginning he would buy speed as well as fentanyl. I would sell him black beauties which were a black pill and cross tops which were also speed pills. He would use that as a counter balance to get back up again from taking opiates. That lasted for a couple of years then he would just buy fentanyl, which is a heroin based opiate. It is highly addictive,” the alleged former drug dealer stated.

prince-Midwest-Medical-Examiner-s-Office-report

Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office

Detectives have focused the investigation into Prince’s death on his use of prescription painkillers, especially the method he used to obtain them. Federal authorities have joined the investigation due to need to cover multiple US states. Detectives have questioned a doctor who visited the artist twice in two weeks prior to his death. A police warrant has revealed that Dr. Michael Schulenberg issued a prescription to the singer on the 20 April – one day before he was found unresponsive in the elevator at his Paisley Park estate.

Image: Zarateman

Image: Zarateman

Prince was last pictured in public at a party in Minnesota a few days before his death. He told fans: “Wait a few days before you waste any prayers,” claiming that he was recovering from influenza after being hospitalised after his aeroplane made an emergency stop in Illinois. The final photograph of the artist was taken by paparazzi the night before his death after leaving a pharmacy at 7 PM. The autopsy was performed the following day.


What is fentanyl?

Fentanyl, also known as Actiq, Duragesic, and Sublimaze, is a powerful synthetic opiate painkiller, similar to morphine but far more powerful. It’s normally used to treat patients with severe pain after invasive surgery.


Prince was cremated at a private ceremony on the 24 April, 2016. It is understood that the artist’s family will be erecting a public memorial in August. Public figures from around the world paid tribute to the singer.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Film & Music

To Top